Dr.Techn. Ilir GJINOLLI (1962) Graduated from the Department of Architecture at Prishtina University in 1986. Between 1988-1991 attended graduate studies at the Faculty of Architecture, Zagreb University. From 1988 started academic carrier as a teaching assistant and from 1991 lecturer of Urban Design at Prishtina University, Faculty of Architecture. He has completed his PhD studies at the Faculty of Architecture, Graz University of Technology, with the thesis ‘Public Space in Kosovo-Transformation through History’.
In 2001 established multidisciplinary studio of architecture and urban design URBAN PLUS in Prishtina, where he is director from 2006. He is one of the founders of the Institute of Spatial Planning within the Ministry of Environment and Spatial Planning of Kosovo and was director until 2006. He was team leader of the Spatial Plan for Kosovo 2006-2016.
In 2010, together with Alfredo Navarro, a Spanish architect established EUROPAN Architectural competition in Kosovo and is president of the local organization EUROPAN Kosovo. He lives and works in Prishtina.
In December 2015, together with Lulzim Kabashi, a Kosovar Architect from Zagreb, co-authored the exhibition and the book ‘Kosovo Modern – An architecture Primer’ at the Kosovo National Gallery in Prishtina.
2006 – Award for Outstanding Service to Public – The Ministry of Environment and Spatial Planning of Kosovo
2016 – Doctor in Technical Sciences – Graz University of Technology
2018 BIENNIAL OF KOSOVO ARCHITECTS ASSOCIATION
- THE BEST PROJECT IN EDUCATIONAL BUILDINGS – MODEL SCHOOL IN PRISHTINA
- THE BEST BUILDING IN FUTURE PROJECTS – HOUSING FOR ELDERLY IN PRISHTINA
- SECOND PRICE IN EDUCATIONAL BUILDINGS – GREEN SCHOOL PRISHTINA
- SECOND PRICE IN HOUSES – VILLA DAKA
- SECOND PRICE IN CULTURAL BUILDINGS – GJAKOVA REGIONAL LIBRARY
- SECOND PRICE IN URBANISM – CITY PARK IN GJAKOVA
- SECOND PRICE IN URBANISM – REGULATION OF INFORMAL SETTLEMENT IN BREKOC