Dr. András Reith is the CEO of ABUD – Advanced Building and Urban Design, a company responsible for sustainable architectural consultancy and research. He conducted his studies in Hungary (BME), Germany (TU, Münich) and Spain (UVa). In 2005, he defended his PhD thesis with the highest honors (Summa Cum Laude) at the Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BME). He is a PhD supervisor at the Marcell Breuer Doctoral School in Pécs and the Csonka Pál Doctoral School at BME, a founder and former chairman of the Hungarian Green Building Council (HuGBC), guest lecturer at several international institutions, the co-author of the first Smart City strategy in Hungary and a member of several international scientific committees. He has actively participated in sustainable architectural planning and consultancy for over two decades with special interest in the areas of parametric design, nature-based-solutions, energy optimization, restorative architecture, glass envelopes, smart city development and the human factors in sustainable design. In 2019 he has been rewarded by Dennis Gabor Award, the highest national acknowledgment in the field of innovation and research in engineering.
- 2020 Vice president of BEK – Budapest Chamber of Architects.
- 2019 Dennis Gabor Award of innovation and research in engineering.
- 2017 Nordic Light Office Building, Office of the Year competition, “Green Property Project of the Year 2016”, I. Prize.
- 2017 Budapest One Office Building, Office of the Year competition, “Planned Project of the Year 2016”, I. Prize.
- 2016 Nordic Light Office Building, CIJ (Construction and Investment Journal) Awards, “Leading Green Building Development & Developer” category.
- 2016 Vice president of BEK – Budapest Chamber of Architects.
- 2008 Young Architects’ Generation Award of the Association of Hungarian Architects.
- 2007 Hungarian Design Award Winner – HOMO LUMENS MMVII dynamic glass façade.
- 2000 Diploma Award Winner at the BME, Faculty of Architecture.
- 1999 Hungarian Student Research Conference (OTDK), First Prize. Title of the research study: “Loadbearing Glass Structures”.