16 Nov 2021
12:30 - 14:00
SHARE Society Debate: “Sustenabitity by design. Technology influence”
Time slot: 12:30 – 14:00
Moderator: arch ORLIN DAVCHEV, Dean Faculty of Architecture, Interior and Architectural Design / University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy – BULGARIA
- What is the city of the future? Will it be defined by futuristic forms (see parametricism) or it will remain mainly as it is now, but retrofitted with technology and transformed by information and smart devices? Is it FORM or INFORMATION that will transform the city of tomorrow?
- In what mannerdesign can contribute to achieving the UN Sustainable Goals?
- In any discussion of sustainable design, we have to acknowledge the role of that designer have in reframing the process and the outcome. What are the strengths and limitations of the designer?
- In what manner the aesthetics is changing with these new values of sustainability? Are we heading for a new aesthetic? Do we need to reassessing ‘good’ design?
- What will be the status of the peri-urban spaces (on the periphal ring of major cities) and limitrophe satellite cities?
- arch Radomir Serafimov, Managing Partner Atelier Serafimov Architects;
- arch Angel Zahariev, Partner A & A Architects;
- Aneta Vasileva, University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy · Department of History and Theory of Architecture;
- arch Vladimir Milkov, Chairman of the Board of the Chamber of Architects in Bulgaria;