Marios Christodoulides studied at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology where his research investigated the design process in studios and the development of computational design tools.
He earned his BArch from California State University, SLO where he was the recipient of the AIA student gold medal award. His collaborative research work has been published in journals such as Architectural Design and was exhibited at the museum of modern art in Tokyo among others. After the completion of his graduate studies he was employed in Boston, first as a junior designer and subsequently as Project Architect.
He has worked on projects ranging from housing, urban redevelopment, and university campus projects. Group work has been published in journals such as Architectural Record, Business week, and International Design, and also exhibited at MIT and the Rhode Island School of Design. In 2003 he returned to Cyprus where he set up an independent practice.
He was an adjunct faculty at the University of Cyprus from 2005 to 2009 and 2020. His Architecture studios have focused on ephemeral urban interventions. His work was exhibited at the Venice Architecture Biennale in 2006 and was an associate curator with Peter Cook for the Cyprus Pavilion in 2008. Build and theoretical work has been awarded in competitions and published in the local media as well as abroad.
State Architecture Awards
- Markideio Municipal Theater, 2019 Award
Mies van de Rohe European Architecture Award
- House 1304, 2022 Nomination
- House 1607, 2022 Nomination
- Markideio Municipal Theater, 2019 Nomination (2)
- Art school & Residence 1306, 2017 Nomination (2)
- Residential Block 0704, 2015 Nomination
- House 1203, 2015 Nomination
- First Prize in European Architecture Competitions
- Markideio Municipal Theater, Paphos | 2015
- Archaeological Sites, Paphos | 2014
- Morfou Cultural Center | 2013
- Eptagonia Agriculture Museum and Park | 2012
Awards & Honorable Mentions in European Architecture Competitions
- CFA Athletic Center, Honorable mention | 2021
- Cyprus Institute of Neurology & Genetics, Honorable Mention | 2018
- Cyprus News Agency, Honorable Mention | 2010
- Limassol City Hall, Distinction | 2010
- Deryneia Municipality Hall, Distinction | 2009
- Eleftheria Square Nicosia, Third prize | 2004
- AUB Business School, Beirut, Runner up (in collaboration with Charles Rose Architects) | 2002
- East Centric Architecture Triennale in Bucharest | 2016
- DOMES Cypriot Architecture Panorama at Benaki Museum | 2012
- Venice Architecture Biennale, Curatorial Team, Cyprus Pavilion, Relax | 2008
- Venice Architecture Biennale, Cyprus Pavilion, The mobile buffer zone | 2006